Starting January 3rd 2015
Winter skills is for WALTHAM PLAYERS ONLY who are registered to play in the Spring 2015.
U8 and U10 sessions will be a 6 week skills program.
U12 and U14 will be a 5 week preseason Futsal program.
Limit 24 players per hour.
U8 and U10 Skills:
- Week 1 – Dribbling For Control – January 3rd
- Week 2 – Turns Off a Dribble – January 10th
- Week 3 – Passing and Receiving – January 17th
- Week 4 – Dribbling For Speed/Beat a Defender – January 24th
- Week 5 – 1v1 Defending – January 31st
- Week 6 – Review/Games – February 7th
Aidan Harrison will sessions each week. WYS Head coaches and Assistant coaches are expected to help run the sessions if they are available that day. There will also be High School Mentors helping with U8 and U10 sessions.
If you have any questions about the sessions feel free to email Paul Bucelwicz.
Northeast Elementary school
70 Putney Ln, Waltham, MA 02451
U8 and U10 Times:
Each session is 1 hour.
Session 1: Saturdays January 3rd – February 7th
- 9:00 AM – Girls U8 Group 1
- 10:00 AM – Girls U8 Group 2
- 11:00 AM – Girls U10 Group 1
- 12:00 PM – Girls U10 Group 2
- 1:00 PM – Boys U8 Group 1
- 2:00 PM – Boys U8 Group 2
- 3:00 PM – Boys U10 Group 1
- 4:00 PM – Boys U10 Group 2
U12 and U14 Times:
Each session is 2 hours. Subject to change
Session 2: Saturdays February 28th – March 28th
- 9:00 AM – Girls U12/U14 Futsal
- 11:00 AM – Boys U12/U14 Futsal
- 1:00 PM – Girls Open
- 3:00 PM – Boys Open
There will be no indoor sessions the Saturday before and after Feb Vacation week.
If there is a cancellation due to weather conditions we will notify you via email and try our best to post the cancellation to our webpage.
Drop off/Pick up:
Players should show up 10 mins before their session and be ready to start on time. You can drop your child off – you do not need to stay in the gym while they are there but please pick them up on time and come inside to pick them up as we do not want any children outside unattended.
What to bring:
- Indoor soccer shoes or sneakers. Bring a change of sneakers for snowy or wet days.
- Socks & Shin Guards
Every player should have an age appropriate BALL
- Size 4 – (U8/U10/U12)
- Size 5 – (U14+)