The Spring Coed 7v7 League is a new offering we are putting together for Spring 2013 as a trial. It will be offered to all High school students in Waltham grades Freshmen to Seniors. Boys and girls, teams will be Coed, so start talking to your classmates and friends. Opening this up to all 4 grades and making it coed will draw more players and will even out the competition. Teams should be 10-12 players(4-6 boys, and 4-6 girls) each. A max number of 4 boys per team is allowed on the field at one time. Keep in mind you need a keeper. All games will be played at Veterans fields 4 and 5 on Sunday evenings from April to June.
Waltham students Freshmen-Seniors(U16-U19)
Boys and Girls
Teams will be Coed
Veterans field #4 and #5
Includes insurance, Game shirt, prize.
smaller games make smarter players
speed of play is increased due to tight quarters
with only 7 players on a team, each player gets more touches on the ball
smaller field for more group play and problem solving
7v7 makes for a better formation (3-1-2, 3-2-1)
because it is coed it will even out the competition
4-6 Girls and 4-6 Boys per team
2 games can be played next to each other on field #4 and #5
Play with classmates, siblings, friends from other schools
Players pick the teams and color
Number of players:
- A team on the field should consist of no more than 7 players. One of whom is a goal keeper, 3 of which should be female) A max number of boys on the field is 4.
- A team must have a minimum of 5 players to start a game(one of which should be female)
- All substitutions can be made at half field on any dead ball.
- Max team roster is 12
Durration of games:
Games will be two 35 minute halves(doubling the amount of time with the ball vs 11v11 game).
Games may end in a tie with exception of play-offs.
Half times should be no longer than 5 minutes and no less than 1 minute.
Method of scoring:
A goal is scored when the entire ball has crossed the goal line inside the boundaries of the goal. The referee will determine when a goal has been scored.
- Goalkeeper distribution may not cross the half line before touching another player.
- Goalkeepers cannot drop kick or “punt” the ball.
- Goalkeepers have 8 seconds to distribute or put the ball on the ground once they have gained control.(rolling, throwing, or putting on the ground and kicking)
- Goalkeeper may not touch or pickup the ball which he/she has dribbled into the box.
- Goalkeeper cannot handle the ball if footed my own teammate.
Proper equipment must be worn at all times during play. (shin guards, socks, shoes)
Safety is a priority. No slide tackling in this league.
Both teams must shake hands at the end of the match in an act of good sportsmanship. No exceptions.
If interested or have questions please contact Paul Bucelwicz.