Do you love soccer? Want to share that love for the game with the next generation of Waltham players? WYS is looking for High school students to be Mentors this winter or spring and give back to the community!
Being a mentor is very fun and rewarding. Teaching soccer is also one of the best ways to learn yourself! You can also earn community service credits.
It’s strongly recommended that mentors complete the online or in-classroom USSF G-License prior to mentoring. Below is a list of each mentoring opportunity we have. If interested please fill out the form below. If you have any questions feel free to contact Paul Bucelwicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Saturday Mornings
- Assist in running a professionally run indoor clinic for U8 and U10 players
- Skills clinics are a 5-6 week commitment
- U8 and U10 sessions are often run back to back
- Each session is 60 minutes.
- Both sessions would be a 2 hour commitment.
- Staying for both sessions would be recommended
Spring U8 In-Town
- Optional Weekly Practice
- Saturday afternoon game(Also maybe a Friday Night game)
- Season is an 8 game commitment
- There will be two HS Mentors assigned to a team
- Earn community service credits
- Mentors will be asked to assist coaches running practices, and organize/provide help during games
- Mentors will also be asked to demonstrate proper technical skills to young players
- Mentors should be a model citizen and a positive influence
Spring U6 Coed
- Sunday afternoons
- Session 1: 1-2 PM
- Session 2: 2:30-3:30 PM
- Season is 6 weeks
- There will be 2 HS Mentors assigned to a field
- 1 Mentor per team of 6
- Each team has 1 coach, and 6 kids
- Mentors will be asked to assist the coach in running games and teaching skills