The mission of Waltham Youth Soccer is to prepare athletes for the next level of competition, through age appropriate training, a positive development environment, and maintaining a fun enjoyable experience. Focusing on the players first, each individual should have strong fundamentals, confidence, and creativity to carry them to their highest potential. Our organization believes it starts with quality coaches who are passionate, supportive and exemplary role models of sportsmanship. Thus we are committed to ongoing training and mentoring of our volunteers.
WYS will always strive to operate to the best of our ability within the context of the following principles:
- To consistently create a fun filled, positive experience for every girl and boy in the program.
- To promote sportsmanship, respect, and sensitivity to the other players, coaches, parents, and referees.
- To enhance player self esteem, confidence, emotional development and overall character.
- To always put the best interest of the player above all others.
- To provide equal access to the highest quality and most appropriate of programs of development for both girls and boys.
- To provide an environment for referees to develop skills and techniques needed to referee the game of soccer.
- To assure that all adults associated with the program are exemplary role models of sportsmanship, leadership and support.
- To provide an environment for coaches to develop skills and techniques needed to teach the game of soccer.
- To maintain a balanced perspective on the outcome of games and sportsmanship.